Avantages et inconvénients de BMS par rapport à DCS

Salle dédiée à la version BMS de Falcon 4

Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Re: Avantages et inconvénients de BMS par rapport à DCS

Message par Cougar FFW04 »

Oui à pas de questions. Ça beaucoup évolué depuis 8 mois. Demande pas mal d apprentissage sur le F18 en tout cas... Tout est dans le manuel du F18 (ou autre tuto) je ne vais pas le reecrire

Tu attends un télescope ?

eutoposWildcat
Webmaster
Webmaster

Message par eutoposWildcat »

Cougar FFW04 a écrit :
dim. mai 12, 2024 8:46 pm
Tout est dans le manuel du F18 (ou autre tuto) je ne vais pas le reecrire
Merci pour cette intervention fort utile, donc. :happy:

Plus sérieusement, deux lignes synthétiques pour indiquer même lapidairement si les principales limitations sont implémentées auraient suffi à mon bonheur. ;)

Lesquelles sont, pour le système réel :
- les (différentes, selon qui émet quoi) latences de rafraichissement
- la portée limitée à l'horizon "visible" et ses conséquences
- la nécessité de la synchronisation
- la difficulté de configuration pour entrer sur le réseau ou modifier sa place dans le réseau.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking."

Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Message par Cougar FFW04 »

Suis en voiture...

DeeJay
Légende volante
Légende volante

Message par DeeJay »

Poir l'implémentation sur le F16, difficile d'en savoir plus. Il y a 7 pages (les 3/4 des pages sont prisent par l'illustration) :
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... ide_EN.pdf
A peine les généralités sur l'interface. Rien de plus.

Pour le télescope disregard. C'était "un troll" pour te faire dire qu'une lunettes n'est pas un télescope et n'est pas le plus adapté au ciel profond, que la Lyre et Hercules ne sont pas des galaxies, qu'une monture azimuthale n'est pas adapté à l'astrophotographie ... etc ... berf, pour te faire pointer dans ton domaine d'expertise que ce que certains pourraient considérer comme des détails mais qui ne le sont pas et peux faire une grose différence sur le résultat attendu. ;) ...

En vrai, j'ai un Newton 200/1000 depuis six ans sur une azimuthale non motorisé et je ne fais que de l'observation directe, pas de photo ni d'assisté et ça fait trop longtemps que je ne l'ai pas sorti.

Edit:
Cougar FFW04 a écrit :
dim. mai 12, 2024 9:12 pm
Suis en voiture...
Sois prudent !
Dernière modification par DeeJay le dim. mai 12, 2024 9:25 pm, modifié 3 fois.

chataz
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par chataz »

Cougar FFW04 a écrit :
dim. mai 12, 2024 9:12 pm
Suis en voiture...
Bon appontage :yes:

DeeJay
Légende volante
Légende volante

Message par DeeJay »

DeeJay a écrit :
dim. mai 12, 2024 9:11 am
... Bon ...

Voilà un aperçu de la L16 dans BMS (qui évoluera encore un peu car il manque encore une partie des interactions entre IA) ... Je ferai une traduction si j'arrive à trouver du temps)

Voilà le sumup des questions/réponses les plus courantes (F.A.Q.) ... Voir directement sur le site pour les screenshots, et planches illustratives

! Message de : DeeJay
Supprimé suite à une erreur de ma part. (voir post plus bas)
En attendant, il y a ceci de dispo : https://forum.falcon-bms.com/topic/2713 ... ids-videos

C'est bon maintenant, c'est live: Q&A for Link16

Hey you all,

U4 is almost here with many new toys to play with. Link16 is one of them. Link16 in BMS is a 10K+ LOC where most of our team has been working in the last months. It was a monster to dev since we had to touch almost every F-16 avionics and BMS code: all displays HSD/B-Scope/HUD/HMS, radar, implementation of the new MIDS/JTIDS, messages, MP code, Campaign, Agg/Deagg logic, UI, DED, ICP, cockpit and so on. But sometimes you gotta get the bulls-by-the-horn and simply do it.

Our Doc team lead by Micro on the Viper and Dusty on the Eagle did a great job on writing up all new avionics and symbology. This post is not a substitute to this awesome work, but a send-to-thread when someone has a quick question.
I will keep it updated and link to the docs later.

1) Why the circles of Link16 on the HMS are not always perfectly overlapping with the aircraft?

BMS simulates drift of the HMS in a very accurate way. As in real life, the HMS needs to be re-aligned a couple of times during a mission.
We suggest to align at ramp start, end-of-runway (EOR) checks and fence-check in. This will mitigate the offset but will not eliminate completely, as in the real aircraft.

2) Why the circles on HMS and HUD keep jumping around and sometimes do not overlap with the aircraft?

Link16 is a network based on updates at given times. Update times can be fast within few seconds for FLIGHT PPLIs to very long values (3 minutes) like fuel updates for PPLIs.
So, depending on the track type (PPLI or SURVEILLANCE) and track quality, these updates times may change significantly and lead to these jumps.
Remember, Link16 is not an continuous signal. MIDS/JTIDS receive signals and do extrapolations.
If the aircraft makes abrupt changes in flight path between updates, circles etc will not overlap at all with aircraft anymore.
Moreover, BMS implementation in U4 simulates delays, precision and different types of updates.

3) Everything seems correct on UI, but I cant see any L16 symbology on my displays.

Check if MIDS is on, DTC loaded, Net sync.

4) I am trying to run an old TE/Campaign but I cant see any L16 symbology in cockpit.

(variation) I am trying to run an old TE/Campaign but in ATO all channels are displaying —

Link16 in BMS requires a configuration file for the network (extension

xxx.l16.txtpb

).
This file is already set for all campaigns and new TEs created in 4.37.4.
For old TEs and campaigns you need to follow these steps:

Simply make a copy of the Te_New.l16.txtpb
Rename it with the name of your TE/Campaign. For example, if the file is Operation_Puma.tac , then rename the copy of the Te_New.l16.txtpb to Operation_Puma.l16.txtpb

And you are good to go.

5) I can see the PPLI circles in green and blue, but I dont see any other white, yellow or red circles.

These other circles are Surveillance circles. In order to see them, there are a couple of things which are required:

The Link16 Network design must have a Surveillance NPG.
You need an AWACS on your team.
AWACS must be able to detect these tracks. It takes into account terrain/altitude, if in range and if jammed by SOJ platforms.
You need to be in range of the JTIDS of the AWACS to get the signal. The JTIDS of a E-3 is more powerful than than MIDS of the F-16 (about 400nm ish range)

6) Why some Link16 symbology keeps disappearing and reappearing in the MFDs?

BMS simulates the MIDS/JTIDS by implementing the so called System Track File(STF). This file is a container for a up to 40 tracks.
BMS simulates a priority system to display the most important tracks. So, the simulated logic may drop less important tracks in situations with many tracks.
For example, friendly surveillance tracks far away from own aircraft are less important than tracks identified as hostile at closer range.
Logic in the MIDS/JTIDS to store tracks on the STF follows this priority system as per real life:

PPLI of FLIGHT and TEAM are always stored.
Mission objectives track (N/I in U4)
FLIGHT and TEAM members TOI (N/I in U4)
FLIGHT and TEAM members shotlines (N/I in U4)
DONOR tracks (TOI and shots) (N/I in U4)
Surveillance Tracks (range, ID, closure rate)
DONOR PPLIs (range)
Other PPLIs (range)
additionally, the PDLT is ALWAYS stored

7) I cant distinguish surveillance friendlies from PPLI tracks.

The surveillance friendlies are green circles with dashed lines. Due to the low resolution of the MFDs in U4, it is indeed hard in some cases
distinguish them from PPLI tracks, specially when circles are overlapping.

8 ) If I shot down an enemy AWACS E-3, will the enemy loose its Link16 capability?

No, only the SURVEILLANCE NPG will be out. PPLI NPG will still be active as far the aircraft are in range of each other.
MIDS/JTIDS in fighters has a typical range of 150nm.

9) I dont understand this NPG thing.

This first round of development of Link16 in U4 enables two types of NPG (Network Participation Groups): Precise Participant Location and Identification (PPLI) and SURVEILLANCE INFORMATION (SURVINFO).
The PPLI is a type of NPG where aircraft (and later ground units, ships, patriots, etc) with a Link16 terminal (like the MIDS) share tons of data like ammo, position, speed, altitude, etc.
The SURV is a type of NPG where a C2 unit (in BMS = AWACS) shares tracks it has detected. As you can imagine much less information is available and in U4 it (try to) aligns with our AWACS Request Picture/Declare the best we can.

The way NPGs were implemented allows to implement Link16 in different ways. In U4, one can have a three different types of Link16 networks:

One with PPLI and SURVINFO
One with only PPLI
One with only SURVINFO

All that is configurable via the xxxxl16.txtpb files.

Structure of l16.txtpb files
Lets take an example of Save0.l16.txtpb in KTO for Team 2, the South Korea and USA alliance:

teams {
team_number: TEAM_2
nets {
channel_number: 0
npg_type: NPG_PPLIA
npg_type: NPG_PPLIB
npg_type: NPG_SURVINFO
}
nets {
channel_number: 54
npg_type: NPG_MISSION
}
nets {
channel_number: 33
npg_type: NPG_EW
npg_type: NPG_F2F
}
nets {
channel_number: 101
npg_type: NPG_F2F
}
nets {
channel_number: 125
}
}

The first Net is on Channel 0 and has the NPGs PPLI (A and B, no difference in U4) and the SURVINFO. These enables Channel 0 for Team 2 with these NPGs.
If one wants to have only PPLI, then one only needs to remove the line with npg_type: NPG_SURVINFO from this net:

nets {
npg_type: NPG_PPLIA
npg_type: NPG_PPLIB
}

For a Link16 network without PPLI but only SURVINFO, then it is the other two lines:

nets {
npg_type: NPG_SURVINFO
}

The other channels and NPGs are not active in U4 and are placeholders for other types of NPGs (->4.38).
Finally, this way of defining the different channels with NPGs will give lot of flexibility for many tactical situations like SURVINFO NPGs in different channels linked to different AWACS, separated F2F channels for different geographic regions mission types, etc.
Here is an example of how a Link16 Network is constructed source :

10) Why are tons of F16s flying in Korea without any PPLI?

Not all F-16s have Link16. The F-16s block 32 of ROKAF are one example.

11) Where are the shot-lines in the HSD?

N/I in U4. Check 4.38.

12) When I am deep into enemy territory, I only see the blue circles of my FLIGHT PPLI. Why is that?

You are too far away from the AWACS to receive SURV tracks (>400nm ish) and too far away from other PPLI (> 150nm ish).

13) How does EW interference or jamming impact Link16 data representation accuracy?

BMS models in U4 only the effect of stand-off jamming (SOJ) platforms like the EF-18Gs and EA-6A/Bs. An SOJ decreases the capability of the AWACS radar to detect and, thus, suppress the generation of a track.

14) Are you planning to further develop the Link16?
Yes. We have developed only about 30ish% of what is the public domain.

eutoposWildcat
Webmaster
Webmaster

Message par eutoposWildcat »

eutoposWildcat a écrit :
dim. mai 12, 2024 9:11 pm
deux lignes synthétiques pour indiquer même lapidairement si les principales limitations sont implémentées auraient suffi à mon bonheur. ;)

Lesquelles sont, pour le système réel :
- les (différentes, selon qui émet quoi) latences de rafraichissement
- la portée limitée à l'horizon "visible" et ses conséquences
- la nécessité de la synchronisation
- la difficulté de configuration pour entrer sur le réseau ou modifier sa place dans le réseau.

Pour reprendre cette courte liste synthétique, BMS a donc implémenté 3 des 4 principales limitations de la Liaison 16 (latences/portée radio/configuration).

Ne manque que la question de la synchronisation, dont le manuel indique explicitement que son implémentation est bien prévue dans une future version.

Et, comme pour l'arrivée de l'interrogation IFF en son temps, l'équipe de BMS a réussi à faire en sorte que la configuration de la Liaison 16 soit largement automatisée pour le pilote qui n'a pas l'envie de mettre les mains dans le cambouis.

C'est vraiment un chouette boulot. :)
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking."
Répondre

Revenir à « Falcon 4.0 BMS »