Bugs, problèmes d'installation, de patch, optimisation

Topic author
Valium49
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

I'm searching the person, who can edit cockpits in LOFC2

Message par Valium49 »

Hello.
According to the topic, I'm searching the person, who is still using Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2 and has some knowledge about editing cockpits.
I've got one cockpit, which replaces MiG-29G, but I would like to edit to replace Su-27 cockpit instead of MiG-29G cockpit, that's all.
I think it's not that difficult how it sounds. I tried to edit some files, but it seems that it's not that.

If someone could help me, please write here or send a PM to me.

Cheers!

Azrayen
Moderateur
Moderateur

Re: I'm searching the person, who can edit cockpits in LOFC2

Message par Azrayen »

Hi Valium,

It seems to me that Barbsman already answered (a long time ago) that it was not possible to use the MiG cockpit instead of the Su cockpit for the Rafale.

There were various reasons IIRC. A simple one is there is not the same number of payloads (see: cockpit payload indicator) on both aircraft.

At the time, Barbsman was (and probably still is) one of the most knowledgeable persons on that specific topic, due to his huge range of experimentations during the AdA v2 making.
As such, I fully accept his view as accurate.

Cheers
Az'
Image Image

Topic author
Valium49
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Valium49 »

Thanks for answer.

So it seems that it's more complicated I've thought so far.

I edited the Mirage 2000-5 from AdA Mod once and I did it for Su-27 ( Rafale cockpit ) too and it worked, but I think it's not the same think, like editing some cockpit how I want.

It seems that I must wait or I could stay with Super Bug and edit some F/A-18 Super Hornet files in LOFC2, to make it more maneuvering, speeder and increase the maximal height, because it's not like a real Super hornet has. The Super Bug in LOFC2 is slow, heavy, his rate of climb and maximal height is bad and combat maneuvering is almost impossible. I was shot down by Su-17 ... Joke ? I know how to fight in close contact. :...:

Do you know what files should be edited ( I mean performance of F/A-18 ) ?
It does not reflect the real Super Hornet and I would like to make more real.
Things which are interesting me : rate of climb, maximal height, maneuvering and speed. The Rafale was so cool during fight. I didn't meet any plane which could defeat me.

Cheers.

Azrayen
Moderateur
Moderateur

Message par Azrayen »

I'm sorry I really don't understand why you stick with trying to mod FC2?

In FC2 there are a lot of limitations that you cannot override. It's painful to learn, it's all about tweaking this or that (and hoping you won't get too much disadvantages at another point of the simulator).
What's more, FC2 is now outdated. There is less an less activity on FC2 and almost none regarding modding.

DCS World is more complex but also far more open with its modular structure. Most of what you can't do in FC2 you'll be able to do in World/FC3. And what you still can't do for now in World/FC3 has a good chance to become possible later along the road (versus zero chance with FC2).

There are Mirage 2000C and F/A-18E modules "work in progress" for DCS World. Sure, it's not always all you want, but...

Now, you're free to do what you want, of course, I'm just saying I wouldn't for myself, because I know I would be frustrated and under the impression of "loosing my time" in the end.

Cheers
Az'

PS: regarding your question, there is no "rate of climb = x" or such things in FC2. Flight model tweaking is done with a single file, engine tweaking with another. Can't remember their names but you'll find them if you're serious about searching (with AdA example). It's painful to edit because you simply can't do exactly what you want: some settings are not in the files but in the core program, and beyond your reach. The way the data are set is also very not user-friendly. Unless you have good knowledge about both aerodynamics and software testing (and a lot of time to do trial/errors), I would advise against trying.
Image Image

Topic author
Valium49
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Valium49 »

Ok, I will try to search some lines and try to edit them.

The worst thing between LOFC2 and FC3 is that fact it's impossible to convert that mods to DCS FC3. :(

Azrayen
Moderateur
Moderateur

Message par Azrayen »

It's not impossible, it's very hard. AND you need the sources files, meaning you can do it if you're the original modder only.

But nothing stops you to create your own mods (for FC3) and/or (it's a huge task) join a modder (or module/3rd party) team.
Image Image

Répondre

Revenir à « Support technique »