Lorik's Korea - Campaign Mod

Tout pour améliorer Falcon 4.0. C'est la salle des modders, skinners et autres bidouilleurs !!!

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Lorik's Korea - Campaign Mod

Message par Lorik Eolmin »

Pour ceux qui ne sont pas écœurés de voler en Corée, et pour ceux qui auraient besoin d'une nouvelle raison, j'ai essayé de faire un petit geste...

Le post des BMS Forums rapporté ici, le lien est en queue de post:

---

This is Lorik's Korea version 1.11.

It is compatible with BMS 4.33 U5.

You can update from 1.10, or download the whole pack.

You will find 2 new campaigns (one having two slightly different versions of it) in it, with little modifications in the aircrafts' available loadout... as always if you played my Lorik's Balkans theater mod ;)

Here's the readme, then a link to download. Enjoy and keep feeding me back please, I'm starving about what's going right and what's going wrong! =)

1.10 campaigns are compatible with 1.11.

1.11 updates the IR SAMs (check change log file in Add-On folder)

READ ME
Lorik's Korea 1.11

Welcome to this Campaigns Mod.
It is installed as an independant theater in your Falcon BMS folder.
It also is independant from Lorik's Korea 1.00 versions so people can keep it as long as they need.
Campaigns from 1.00 SHOULD NOT be compatible with 1.10 or 1.11. Check the change log.

*** If you already have 1.10: first, in your Data folder, rename "Add-On KoreaLorik 1.10" into "Add-On KoreaLorik 1.11"

Then add the...

Add-On KoreaLorik 1.11\Terrdata\theaterdefinition\KoreaLorik 111.tdf
(you can remove the 1.10 line)
... to your data\Terrdata\theaterdefinition\theater.lst file

and unzip the "1.10 to 1.11" downloaded zip on Data\

*** If you don't have 1.10:

Add the...

Add-On KoreaLorik 1.11\Terrdata\theaterdefinition\KoreaLorik 111.tdf

... to your data\Terrdata\theaterdefinition\theater.lst file

and unzip the "full 1.11" downloaded zip on Data\

The modified campaigns are detailed in the pdf files in your add-on folder. They are:

Number 1 : "Operation Yin Yang"
While pressing heavily on Seoul, DPRK leaves its Eastern region vulnerable to Combined Forces. Resist and strike back on the East.
Campaign ends: Day 5 0000 or earlier

Read Operation Yin Yang.pdf in the same folder for many more details! Or click that link to read it straight from here.

Number 2: "Operation Poseidon - Creel"
Number 3: "Operation Poseidon - Trident"
DPRK united Korea into one again, for the worst. The international community supports NATO into an operation to restore ROK.
Campaign ends: Day 6 0000 (probably way before)

Read Operation Poseidon.pdf in the same folder for many more details! Or click that link to read it straight from here.

Two WeatherMapsUpdates folders are provided with the theater.

Why these campaigns? (from 1.00)

Dynamic campaigns for BMS are an incredible tool on many aspects. And many people have been using it to create incredibly entertaining campaigns throughout Falcon 4, then BMS' life.
Something is regularly mentioned though: past the first few days, not to say the first 24 hours, most campaigns seem to loose their main interest and flavour to many people I speak with.
I've been trying to think of campaigns like playgrounds in the first place, and used them to experiment with Mission Commander and the BMS Editor - and the whole deal of things that come with campaign creation.
This is how I finally designed my first Balkans Campaigns Mod and its three very different campaigns, all trying to be short.
Then I wanted to try the same in Korea.
Operation Yin Yang strongly inherits from that, with its two different areas, its weapons limitations, forcing you to think more in term of squadron strategy rather than just "What are we loading today? Not that one, it's just too easy with it".
I wanted to narrow choices to tactical and strategic ones, while remaining in an entertaining environment.
The very idea of a campaign resembling a story, with different episodes, then came to my mind. This is why and how Operation Poseidon was designed. A simple look in the pdf explains it all. I'll probably try to dig into that kind of things more and more.
These campaigns leave a very good part to Nap-Of-the-Earth approaches - not because you really have a choice, but because that's how you will reach your objective.
Enjoy them!

Lorik

Starrats
Falcas
Driftkioti (any news from him, someone?)
Starfury
Lukrop
Ripper
Figmo42
Erwand
Nuno Santos (Clouds Pack!)
Unleashed Code
Kaos
GOOD BOB!
Doc
Nemov
Flow32
Starfury
Quasi-Stellar...
...and the unmentioned BMS team members and the whole community, obviously!
CHANGE LOG from 1.00 to 1.10

IR SAMS (7, 9, 13, 14, H5NA) were modified to simulate a more permissive nap-of-the-Earth approach. They should frequently miss on very low altitude (around <500 ft) if you're not slow (> 0.7), even if you are going straight, and not be able to launch at all under 200 ft.

I've always been frustrated with IR SAM when flying at few hundred feet from the ground at mach 0.85. The guys down there shouldn't have time to do that job so quickly and score so many and easy hits on you.
I changed the models for SA-7, 9, 13, 14 and H5NA, whether a guy or a vehicle fires them (same model). You can now reasonably plan a NOE strike with AIR bombs on a target without fearing ManPADS already pointed in your direction while you are ingressing at hell's speed near the ground. But don't mess with them if you start gaining altitude.......
In consequence, the missile flight model is altered. Let's face it, we don't see the missile in flight anyway... and I didn't find a way to increase the preparation time before launch. That's the best workaround I found.

If you want to know how it feels, place a SCUD battalion in a TE and overfly it. The BMP-CMD will attempt to shoot SA-14 at you. Feel the difference.

- One more WeatherMapsUpdates folder provided

- Poseidon
"Poseidon Hard" was changed to "Poseidon: Trident".
"Poseidon Normal" was changed to "Poseidon: Creel". The Vinson is near the west coast, and DPRK will have an operational Kuznetsov at some point on the same side. More F15 shall arrive in Fukuoka. Campaign goals are the same as former "Poseidon Hard".
Check the Set by HQ option for each squadron. Vinson's squadrons are set on manual.

- Yin-Yang
CVN71 Roosevelt changed for the CVN65 Enterprise for WDP compatibility.
Tanker squadron added off map on the east, same latitude as CVN65 Enterprise.
Check the Set by HQ option for each squadron. Vinson's squadrons are set on manual.

- Numerous objectives and air defenses added, including new Command Centers and Leader Palaces (Radar icons). Both are Very High buildings objectives.
- F18 C and D squadrons don't have AGM-45 Shrike anymore
- F16 block 30, 50 and 52 can't take GBU-24 and -27 anymore. Block 42, Mirage 2000D and Tornado GR.4 are your guys for runway strikes.
- AV-8B+ Kaos Mod applied for more realistic and permissive loadout
- Mirage 2000 D loadout changed for more permissive payload, inspired by actual attempt to load 4 GBU-12 (or 3 + pod). Buddy lasing could become very useful to preserve a hardpoint for a GBU-12. However guided weapons can't be loaded on ext 2000 lbs bags anymore (realistically).
- Altitudes for AI munitions deployment:
Air-to-Ground Missiles set to be fired from 16k ft
HARMs from 30k ft
GBU from 20k ft
Dumb high-drag 500 ft
Cluster 500 ft
Dumb low-drag 10k ft
Camera Alt 17k ft
IAM 25k ft

The link to download the whole Lorik's Korea 1.11 pack:

The link to download 1.11 from 1.10

See you back in the Briefing Room.
Dernière modification par Lorik Eolmin le mar. janv. 01, 2019 1:07 pm, modifié 10 fois.

acrolys
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Re: Lorik's Korea - Campaign Mod

Message par acrolys »

Et bien, tu nous gâtes. merci bien.
sais tu si c est jouable en multijoueur en online ?

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

QUICKFIX ajouté au post de référence dans BMS Forums, si vous avez déjà téléchargé le premier lien.

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Deuxième QUICKFIX qui inclut le premier, voici le lien.
La deuxième correction concerne operation Yin Yang. On peut l'appliquer manuellement à une sauvegarde, il s'agit bêtement dans Mission Commander d'appliquer l'attitude At War à la DPRK envers les US.

Le lien des deux quickfix ensemble (on peut les appliquer tant qu'on veut)

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Je poste ici le lien de la vidéo de présentation de la campagne Operation Poseidon par Doc, qui a fait ça mieux que je ne l'aurais fait, et en Français!

Je mets le lien indexé au temps correspondant à la présentation au sein d'une vidéo qui commence par la présentation du mode campagne de BMS en général.

https://youtu.be/Q8dn5rU1agE?t=12m37s

Merci Doc!

misterlol57
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par misterlol57 »

Superbe idée !!! Les vidéos en français ne sont pas nombreuses sur BMS et je trouve que c'est une excellente idée de proposer ce genre de contenu

N hésitez pas à en faire d autre ca permettra aux débutants et à ceux qui appréhende BMS de comprendre certaines choses

Pourquoi ne pas faire des petites vidéos Tuto pour expliquer les bases de BMS,les instruments de vol, le radar , le système d armes etc.... ?

Vico
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par Vico »

Pourquoi ne pas faire des petites vidéos Tuto pour expliquer les bases de BMS,les instruments de vol, le radar , le système d armes etc.... ?
Y en a déjà ;) . Gil avait fait toute une série de vidéo tuto :
http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopi ... 3&t=174378

Et JeanMaclou avait fait une compilation des liens vers des vidéos :
http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopi ... 3&t=183881

Mais c'est vrai qu'il y a assez peu de tuto sur les campagnes. :notworthy Merci Lorik
Pilote indépendant de F16 block 50/52 sur Falcon BMS - HOTAS Cougar modé FCC1 - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - ED TRacker - 2x MFD Cougar - ICP "CatPlombe" - 1x Carte Pokeys - un cockpit F16 en chantier - CM MSI B650 Gaming ; AMD Ryzen 7800X3D 4,20GHz ; 32 Go DDR5 Corsair ; AMD Radeon RX7900XTX 24Go DDR6 ; Ecran Hisense 55" 4K

misterlol57
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par misterlol57 »

Effectivement je n'avais pas connaissance de toutes ces vidéos en français !! Y a de quoi faire déjà !!!

Merci Vico pour ces liens je vais pouvoir progresser !

cerealk
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par cerealk »

Salut, j'ai commencé la campagne Poséidon en Easy ^^ (merci pour ce beau challenge au passage! , mais j'ai quelque soucis.
Quand je crée mes missions et que je sélectionne le TGP dans le loadout , des que je sauve la campagne et que je reviens pour effectuer la mission, le TGP est automatiquement enlevé, donc si je ne vais pas faire un tour dans le loadout avant de voler ou alors que je sauvegarde en plein vol , je l'ai dans le baba! c'est normal docteur!? :emlaugh:
I5 13600KF , 32Go DDR5 6400 CL32 , MSI Z790 Tomahawk, MSI 4070TI, W11 pro ,track IR 4 , Hotas Warthog, MFDx2, Clavier k95 RGB
Saitek Rudders, Écran: ACER XB281HK, Philips 244E

Mon Panel Desktop

spiryth
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par spiryth »

cerealk a écrit :c'est normal docteur!? :emlaugh:
oui c'est normal
Et à priori ça ne vient pas de la campagne de Lorik. Si tu n'as pas de LGB sous les ailes, le TGP n'est JAMAIS sauvegardé dans les emports. C'est comme ça dans Falcon depuis les origines (en tout cas celles que je connais :tongue:)
Image PC: Z790-A WIFI – I9 13900K@5.5GHz – 32Go DDR5 – RTX2080 SUPER - Windows 10 pro (x64) - Souris Razer Mamba TE - Clavier Razer BlackWidow X Chroma - MicroCasque Razer BlackShark V2
Stick : Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar & mod : FSSB R1 - Trottle : Thrustmaster VIPER TQS Mission Pack - Rudder : Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR v5 & TrackClip pro - MFD CougarPack - ICP PalatynSM - Elgato Stream Deck

cerealk
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par cerealk »

LGB késako!? ça pourrait être lié a que c'est que des falcon 16 block 30 au début de campagne!? Merci en tous cas pour la précision :notworthy
I5 13600KF , 32Go DDR5 6400 CL32 , MSI Z790 Tomahawk, MSI 4070TI, W11 pro ,track IR 4 , Hotas Warthog, MFDx2, Clavier k95 RGB

Mon Panel Desktop

Doc87
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par Doc87 »

LGB = laser guided bomb

autrement dit si tu pars avec de la CBU ou de la MK20/82/84 , de base le loadout ne te mettra pas de TGP. Et cela même si tu sauvegardes avec le TGP. Tu dois avant chaque vol recheck ton loadout.
Si tu pars avec de la GBU , tu l'auras de base.

De même pour le HTS, si tu as des AGM88 il va te le mettre de base, sinon non.

Et cela n'a a voir avec le block.

cerealk
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par cerealk »

Laser Guided Bomb , aussi simple que ça, le pire c'est que j'ai du déjà le croiser dans des tutos mais la mémoire n'est plus toute jeune :hum: .En effet rien a voir avec la version du Falcon. Bon en tout cas cette campagne me donne des suée , faut dire que l'IA n'est pas toujours d'une grande utilité , ça ira mieux quand je serais en phase2 , j'aurais moins de long trajet a refaire :emlaugh:

Mon Panel Desktop

Doc87
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par Doc87 »

L'ia a du mal a rester en TBA donc oui pour la phase 1 , elle n'est pas d'une grande utilité :(

cerealk
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par cerealk »

En tous cas même si elle me donne du fil a retordre, c'est quand même la seule campagne qui me rend heureux quand je rentre a la base safe (surtout après 15 départs missiles :emlaugh: ) :yes: . Je la recommande et merci pour les vidéos Youtube qui me l'ont fait découvrir, je serais passé a coté sans ça :notworthy

Mon Panel Desktop

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Et moi je suis heureux de lire ça, Cerealk =).

Tu peux raisonnablement compter sur l'IA pour balancer de la grosse 84 AIR sur des cibles statiques.

Pour le reste, en TBA mission DEAD, elle ne t'aidera pas à dégommer du véhicule. Partir solo avec une patrouille de TARCAP (probablement inutile à ce stade de campagne) paraît même raisonnable. Le mieux reste de trouver un objectif à détruire (une usine, une centrale, un camp...) pour rendre cette IA utile et son exposition fructueuse.

buckroger
Apprenti-Mécano
Apprenti-Mécano

Message par buckroger »

Bonjour à tous.
J'ai un petit souci avec la campagne de Lorik, elle n'apparait pas dans la liste des théatres de bms. Pourtant j'ai suivi à la lettre les indications.
Je suis sur W10 avec la dernière mise à jour de bms c'est à dire 4.33U5. j'ai retéléchargé le fichier Zip , mais rien n'y fait et je ne vois pas où je me suis planté.
Si une bonne âme peut m'éclairer.
Pièces jointes
2018-04-07 (2).png
2018-04-07 (1).png
2018-04-07.png

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Salut Buck.

Ni d'autres théâtres qui apparaissent dans ton fichier theaters.lst

Tu as plusieurs versions de BMS installées?

buckroger
Apprenti-Mécano
Apprenti-Mécano

Message par buckroger »

Quel c..n je suis, merci Lorik effectivement j'avais plusieurs installe et je l'avais mis dans le mauvais :hum: , maintenant ça marche merci. :Jumpy:

Topic author
Lorik Eolmin
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Mise à jour 1.10!

Référez-vous au premier post pour le read me, le change log, et le lien.

Passez une journée Faucon, comme ils disent ;)

CrazyFry
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par CrazyFry »

Juste pour dire un petit merci à Lorik pour sa campagne, c'est super pour la communauté ;)
Répondre

Revenir à « Mods, add-ons et projets communautaires »