UPDATE #30

Message par gilles41 »

cela avance
si une âme charitable voudrait bien faire une traduction

cordialement
ASUS TUF Z-690 PLUS - ASUS TUF RTX 3060 12Go - Kingston 5200 4X16Go
Intel I5 12600 - M2 500 Go /OS + SSD 500 Go + SSD 500 Go Data + SSD 1 To DCS
TrackIR 4 pro - Logitech G940 - Saitek Throtlle quadrant

le plus dur prends du temps l'impossible un peu plus ...

Ghostrider
Grand Manitou
Grand Manitou

Re: UPDATE #30

Message par Ghostrider »

These regular updates are really hard to do when you’re in pre-alpha. If there’s one thing I learned during this project, it’s that there really was a very good reason for the industry standard to announce and market projects after they’re ready and playable.
I yearn for the days of yore when I could just boot up a game, set up a quick scenario, snap a bunch of action screenshots, and be done with a Friday update in an hour.

Actually, I yearn for the day of even yore-er yore. Seems like it was just yesterday when I could say, hey, I’d like to fly plane X. And a month or so later I’d be flying it. It’s only been, what, 10 years since that was the case. Of course, there’s no going back to that. Even the simplest flying games of today probably can’t do an airplane in a month. I myself can barely stand to look, much less to fly, airplanes from 10 years ago. But I am still a bit sad about all the work that goes into the extra quality. If you were to draw a graph on work hours vs simulation quality, the line grows exponentially.

And while you’re here, close but not quite at the self-imposed 100%, progress is very hard to show.

First of all, here’s where we are with the backer rewards section. We really tried to have it operational last Friday, but internal testing showed that once again we had a logical flaw for larger reward tiers with more than one copy of a stock plane selected. Had to drastically redo the flyable selection this week. Lost all the prettiness and ended up with a painfully simple design, but at least it works.

I guess the page is ready for the world, we just have one final task: to merge the kickstarter and paypal database of backers with the DCS site member list, the hardest part of which is dealing with accounts for backers that do not currently have a digitalcombatsimulator.com user profile.

On the aircraft front, we finally do have a delay on one aircraft model, the P-47 external. We had a long unpleasant saga with trying to get high-quality original blueprints for it last summer. That took longer than anticipated, and what we got was not as thorough as we needed. Once we finally got into animating all the bits and pieces of the aircraft, we’ve realized that our data was not good enough, and that some parts would go out of alignment when moved. We had to go chasing pixels, and start fitting parts back together, animating, measuring, refitting, and trying again. This, again, goes back to my earlier point about standards. In an older game, we’d never care that an aileron slightly clips through the wing when fully deflected. We wouldn’t care that a gear strut does a physically impossible warp a few inches to the side in order to move to the down and locked position. And so with DCS, we have to go and make sure every movement is absolutely perfect, spending more time on these details than on the entire model in an older project.

The 109, our flagship, the pinnacle of our hopes and desires, is still a bit shiny everywhere. Not nearly as bad as two weeks ago, but it still fluctuates. Graphics programmers are slowly but surely moving DCS over to DX11, and it’s a process.

The choice for me is extremely painful - show nothing, or show something that does not look great.
Shiny!
Shiny!
From switch to shining switchFrom switch to shining switch
The cockpit programming is complete. All the gauges and switches and systems are working, except, annoyingly from the point of a Friday update, you cannot see it in the cockpit yet. We can see it all in debug mode. However DCS cockpits are done in a peculiar complex way, different from what we’re used to from before, and a programmer cannot simply tell a certain needle to rotate a certain number of degrees. As it is during most of the process, the cockpit mesh is a monolith. In our previous projects, we would simply make each moving part a separate object with a pivot, and the programmer would move that object about that pivot when needed. In DCS, we have to do a lot more work on cockpit animations, doing them manually, and we’re still waiting for them to be complete.

In the meantime, all the gauges gauge, and the switches operate all the systems, the radio talks, the AFN2 guides you to airfields (the only objects at the moment you can guide to), everything works, and this would have been a great time to make a cockpit procedures video, except you can only see all of that happening in debug readouts and not in the cockpit 3D model.

So, since I’ve made too many overly optimistic predictions in the past, I won’t this time. I will only say that it’s very frustrating for me to write these kind of updates, that I really want to have a fully functional plane I can take for a spin and screenshot away, and that we really are tantalizingly close
Moniteur F/A-18C à l AVM http://avm-fr.com/
ImageAmd 3700x - 64 go DDR 4 3200 -Asus Tuf x570 gaming wifi - GTX 1080 ti 11go - SSD : 1 to NVME ( OS + simus) + 1ssd 500 GO Mx 500 simus + 1 SSD 256 GO (games) + 5 To HD(s)+ TM Warthog + Grip F/A18 - Track IR 5 - Pallo TPR - Deskpit 2 MFD+ICP +Oculus tift

bof_4_digle
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par bof_4_digle »

Ca avance ... mais j'avoue que la "Closed Beta" initialement prévue début 2014 se fait un peu attendre :sad:

Ghostrider
Grand Manitou
Grand Manitou

Message par Ghostrider »

Moi je retiens ceci :
So, since I’ve made too many overly optimistic predictions in the past, I won’t this time. I will only say that it’s very frustrating for me to write these kind of updates, that I really want to have a fully functional plane I can take for a spin and screenshot away, and that we really are tantalizingly close.
C est déja un progrès !!!
ImageAmd 3700x - 64 go DDR 4 3200 -Asus Tuf x570 gaming wifi - GTX 1080 ti 11go - SSD : 1 to NVME ( OS + simus) + 1ssd 500 GO Mx 500 simus + 1 SSD 256 GO (games) + 5 To HD(s)+ TM Warthog + Grip F/A18 - Track IR 5 - Pallo TPR - Deskpit 2 MFD+ICP +Oculus tift

J.j.
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par J.j. »

C'est bien, mais je vois plus d'explications sur pourquoi ça marche pas ou pourquoi c'est pas prêt, que sur ce qui marche ou ce qui est prêt.
Der Blaue Max

phoenix
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par phoenix »

Ghostrider a écrit :Moi je retiens ceci :
So, since I’ve made too many overly optimistic predictions in the past, I won’t this time. I will only say that it’s very frustrating for me to write these kind of updates, that I really want to have a fully functional plane I can take for a spin and screenshot away, and that we really are tantalizingly close.
C est déja un progrès !!!
Clair que la note positive, car le début fait peur. On dirait le mec qui découvre le monde de l'édition, alors que ça fait au moins 10 ans qu'il est dedans.
These regular updates are really hard to do when you’re in pre-alpha. If there’s one thing I learned during this project, it’s that there really was a very good reason for the industry standard to announce and market projects after they’re ready and playable.

Ghostrider
Grand Manitou
Grand Manitou

Message par Ghostrider »

Yep ou le gars qui a un coup de blues

dimebug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Message par dimebug »

il découvre aussi que sous DCS, rien n'est prémâché en l'état et que chaque truc particulier demande un développement spécifique la ou il devait être habitué a une structure bien établie précédemment (par quelqu'un d'autre qui plus est..). Sous DCS, il faut programmer, pas se contenter d'utiliser un SDK. Tout ceux qui se sont lancé sur des addons un peu vite sont en train de s'en rendre compte, mais tous ne savent pas programmer...

Topic author
gilles41
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par gilles41 »

discussion déjà évoquer

mais si l'on prend cette idée, je doute vraiment fortement la création d'un DCS parallèle spécial seconde guerre
pour moi DCS restera un plate forme à plusieurs époques et plusieurs cartes, et se sera en fait les licences à chaque module qui feront les différences ( mais ces propos n'engage que moi certes )

par contre, il faut bien pensé à une chose c'est que si tous les modules y compris ceux de la WW2 ( et surtout eux gout personnel DSL ) sortent il y a de forte chance à parier que DCS aura un rôle prédominant à l'avenir

la sorti de tout ce beau petit monde se fait non sans mal, pour cause de tel ou tel motif, mais le résultat sera bien là

en fait DCS est encore que petit bébé qui se déplace à 4 pattes et veut marcher sur ses deux jambes, c'est ce que je lui souhaite et qui sait; il finira peut être par finir pour être un grand athlète ...
ASUS TUF Z-690 PLUS - ASUS TUF RTX 3060 12Go - Kingston 5200 4X16Go
Intel I5 12600 - M2 500 Go /OS + SSD 500 Go + SSD 500 Go Data + SSD 1 To DCS
TrackIR 4 pro - Logitech G940 - Saitek Throtlle quadrant

le plus dur prends du temps l'impossible un peu plus ...

phoenix
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par phoenix »

Ouais, mais bon, vu que l'architecture de world est bancale, le seul truc qui pourrait le sauver serait justement de séparer les environnements. Il suffit de voir le bordel que c'est lorsque world se met à jour, il y a plein de répercussion sur les modules, avec des trucs qui deviennent inutilisables. Bon, cet état de fait, n'est pas nouveau, et ED n'a pas attendu les tiers pour que soit le bordel, mais avec les tiers, ça risque d'être rocknroll, quand les utilisateurs en auront marre d'avoir leur module préféré devenu inutilisable suite à un patch.

En séparant ça, on peut espérer plus de stabilité sur cet environnement, car moins sujet au développeur tiers, même si ce n'est un gage de stabilité.

De plus, avoir tout de réunis dans un seul monde, je n'ose imaginer le souk dans l'éditeur de mission.
Répondre

Revenir à « DCS : salles WWII »